About Me

My photo
It's interesting to look at your life, past to present, and think: "It has all led up to this...." And then wonder where it will lead to next.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pleas of a Nursing Mother

Dear Lord,

   If I were meant to breastfeed my child till age 2, why do you give them teeth so young? I am thankful for the gifts you have given me. I love my child. I love my breasts, too. Help me to care for them both. Keep them unscathed through the perils of teething!

   Sincerely,
   Concerned-about-the-tatas   




Dear Child,

   Please remember that those squishy milk goblets you are so very fond of are in fact still attached to my body. What they feel, I feel. Teeth not welcome here. "No biting!" is never intended as joke. As happy as I may be to amuse you in any other circumstance, when I pull away in pain, I am not trying to make you laugh. In fact, just stop laughing... Just so you are aware, these are pretty special to me too, and I hope to reclaim them as my own one day soon. Preferably with out teeth marks.
   I love you dearly, but be warned, the longer you keep this up, the sooner your day of weening nears. 

   Sincerely,
   Your loving-but-quickly-losing-patience-mother

No comments: